Are you going to be at staying at the Wilderness on Thursday, June 19th or Friday, June 2oth? Do you have a child that could benefit from participating in a group swimming lesson? Then be sure to register them for the World’s Largest Swimming Lesson™ Guinness World Record attempt that the Wilderness Resort will be participating in simultaneously along with other swimming venues around the world.
The 30-minute lesson will begin promptly at 10 a.m. on Friday, June 20th and will cover:
- Introduction of Event Guidelines, Lesson Objectives & Instructors
- Safety – General Overview of Water Safety Awareness Messages and Key Skills
- Stairs and ladders
- Submerge Face and Hold Breath Underwater
- Floating Skills (Assisted or unassisted based on swimmer skill level)
- Strokes – Teaching Basic Locomotion and Stroke Component Skills
According to Brandon, our aquatics director, “Knowing how to swim is critical for your family’s safety and so we are hoping everyone staying at the resort on June 20th will want to participate in this fun event. Plus, we think it will be awesome to say that your family helped to break a Guinness World Record!”
Parents should accompany their younger children in the water. All participants will receive a certificate showing they were part of the event.
Advance registration is required by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents will also need to arrive at 9 a.m. on June 20th, the day of the event, to complete Guinness World Record attempt paperwork.